Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Inspiration!

About a year ago, while on one of my grand shopping expeditions, I saw a piece of fabric that made me stop in my tracks.  It was so pretty and the feel in my hand was so soft.  I knew this could be something truly striking.  Maybe a handbag or apron.

Sadly, there wasn't much left on the bolt, but what there was went home with me that day.

Over the past year, I've looked at this piece of fabric many times, not knowing just what to create with it.  The print is retro and lovely - large pink and yellow flowers and shaded green leaves scattered on a light sage background.


Over the past several months, as fabrics around this bolt were chosen and sewn into aprons or handbags, inspiration just never moved me to create something from it.  I still loved the look and feel of it, and admired it often.  Poor, sad little piece of fabric.  Kind of like Cinderella before the fairy godmother episode.

All that changed this morning.

After my usual (huge) mug of coffee...have I mentioned lately how I love coffee...and after watering the plants and a little more wandering about the house thinking of what I might create today, I went into my sewing room and my eyes fell on that piece of fabric and ... inspiration lit up my life!  I can see it in my mind - a beautiful retro apron - the lady wearing it has a pink flower in her hair - her hand brushes the soft fabric as she smiles - it's a beautiful moment!!!


I'll add pictures of the finished apron soon.  In a few minutes I'll be cutting and then sewing.  My machine is at the ready, the ironing board is all set up, and Bob is sleeping under my chair.  All is right in my world and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Guess the fabric had a fairy godmother episode too!

No comments:

Post a Comment