Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chocolate!

Somedays I am just hungry for chocolate.  Chocolate something...anything...I'm craving the food of the gods today.

Maybe Godiva truffles...
Or maybe a REALLY LOT of Ghirardelli ...
Since it's still morning, maybe chocolate chip pancakes or waffles would be a good place to start.  But then again, that doesn't seem to be quite what I'm wanting.  But who turns down chocolate chip pancakes?  Except maybe for chocolate filled crepes.  Hmmmm.

Is it too early for mousse?  I think not.  Probably never too early for mousse topped with whipped cream.  No one is counting calories on a Chocolate Day.  Besides how many calories could there possibly be in something so light and frothy?  Maybe only 5 or 10 - it's the whipped cream that will be on my hips tomorrow.

My lovely daughter gave me a this cookbook for my birthday - best present ever:

My darling daughter knows me well!

What an awesome book this is - chock full of only chocolate recipes.  No such thing as chocolate overload at my house!  I've made the chocolate buttermilk tea bread - chocolate + coffee = 2 of my favorite things - and the chocolate muffins - so rich and decadent - and several other recipes that were sinfully delightful.

And, it's still early.  I've got time to make the chocolate silk pie for dessert this evening.  Oh happy day!!!

By tonight I'll be sitting in the rocking chair, stitchery in hand, in a euphoric state of chocolate bliss.

Thank you, Lord, for this day and for chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment